How to be more confident!
WHAT IS SELF CONFIDENCE? - NOTHING MORE THAN BELIEF IN ONE'S ABILITY TO DECIDE AND THE CONVICTION IN THE DECISIONS YOU HAVE MADE.
HOW DO YOU INCREASE YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE?
THERE ARE MANY FACTORS THAT MAKE YOU MORE CONFIDENT. THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL THAT MAKES IT ALL GOOD IT TAKES SOME WORK, LIKE MOST THINGS THAT ARE WORTH WHILE ACHIEVING.
Here is an exercise that you can do on your own that will that will get you started :
1) Look at areas in your life where you have left matters in limbo and not made a definite decision ... one way or the other.
... examples like :
- to keep something or give/throw it away
- to initiate a specific communication to someone
- to maintain contact with a person or to move on
- to stop doing something that you find results in more harm than good
- to follow through with a goal that you know is important and needs to be achieved
- make some progress on a community activity that you have chosen
- take action on something that needs fixing around the home
- to change a bad habit that you want to get rid of.
- -to take up an activity that you have always wanted to do
2) Now take each of these areas and make a definite decision about each. (Sometimes this requires observing the area more thoroughly ...or initiating a communication with that specific person... or simply gaining more information so you can really understand the situation.)
3) Write down each of the decisions and prioritize them.( what must be done now, what must not be done, what needs to go on a to-do list and done later ... etc)
4) Now get into action and carry out whatever is necessary to bring your decision to something you can count as "accomplished". Somethimes this requires finding out how to bring off the decision so it actually gets done (study, research the topic on the net, talking to someone who has tackled this successfully etc... )
Please Note: It is best to gain some steam by taking up the most confrontable areas first, then move on to the more difficult ones.
It is possible you may run into stops or barriers that could potentially block your ability to complete this exercise. If so, tackle the simpler decisions first so you can move ahead with the exercise just the same. There is always something that can be done about a situation that needs resolution. Just figure out what you feel confortable with ... then take that action.
I am very interested in getting your feed-back on how you did with this.
This exercise is step one in improving your self confidence.
As you probably guessed, there is more to know and practical applications to carry out, that improves your self confidence... one step at a time.
Sure it's work...often is not easy... and takes communicating and facing some people and situations in life, but anything worthwhile accomplishing, does take just that.
Working on your self confidence requires an additional approach that is very important. Through life, we all have moments, good and bad, that influence our persistance toward goals, positive attitude, our health and success in achieving what we want.
The science of DIANETICS addresses and handles the factors that hold one back, cause unwanted fears, compulsions and negative feelings. The studies of the mind by best selling author L. Ron Hubbard reveal how the negative experiences in your past can cause your mind to depart from rational thought- without you even knowing it. The good news is that DIANETICS has precise methods that are kind and gentle so one can locate these past experiences and eliminate their negative effects.
Its time to look into the materials of DIANETICS offered on this web site. I invite you to take an important step and buy a copy of the DIANETICS book or DVD.
Its time to enjoy life and reach your full potential.